Belt buckle "Hugin and Munin",(dark-red), made of pewterOrder number: 55.016
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
Belt buckle made of pewter, backed with dark red enamel - suitable for belts with a width of up to 1,77 inch (4.5 cm).
The two well-known Edda ravens that sit on Odin's shoulders: they fly out into the world every day and return for breakfast to tell Odin the latest from around the world.
Therefore Odin is also called the "raven god" (Hrafnaguð).
Odin is also among others known as the Hrafnáss (Raven God).
Hugin and Munin are Odin's ravens.
- Hugin (Icelandic: Huginn) belongs to the old Norse verb huga and means translated: think / the thought. Hugin thinks about everything he sees and draws his conclusions from it.
- Munin (Icelandic: Muninn) belongs to the Old Norse verb muna and means translated: to remember / the memory. Munin remembers everything he saw.
Together you fly through the worlds. In the evening, they return to Odin and tell him what they saw and heard.
In Norse mythology, ravens are considered to be mystical and magical beings who can tell lies and truth, among other things.
This beautiful pewter belt buckle should make us think, remember Odin's raven Hugin - the thought and Munin - the memory!
Made from high quality pewter, partly dark red enamelled.
- Width: approx. 3,07 inch (78 mm)
- Height: about 1,97 inch (50 mm)
- Weight: approx. 4,06 oz (115 g.)