Tealight holder made of alder wood with branded runesOrder number: 65.009
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 3-6 workdays
Tealight holder made of alder wood with branded 24 Futhark.
Futhark or Fuþark is the name given to the common Germanic rune series. The 24 Futhark was used by all Germanic tribes and is therefore also referred to as the older common Germanic rune series.
The 24 runes are divided into three rows or genders, the so-called "Ættir (Aettir)" of 8 runes. The numbers 3 and 8 had their own “mystical” meaning.
Each rune has its own meaning and is assigned to a Germanic deity - and named after it.
How Odin found the runes
According to tradition, Odin hangs himself on his own spear in the world tree Yggdrasil for days and nine nights. Wounded by the spear, the runes appear to Odin during this self-sacrifice and he thereby acquired the all-encompassing knowledge of these runes.
The alder, a tree more than 3000 years old and its significance in mysticism:
- the alder is a PROTECTIVE TREE that grows in damp places and moors - a ghost and dead tree, consecrated / assigned to the god Wotan.
- the alder was considered the gateway to Valhalla, to the world of the gods and the dead
The alder also stands for the protective and life-giving:
- Alder branches were hung over the cradle in newborns
- Alder branches were hung around the house and yard for protection
- Alder branches were also placed under pillows to protect against nightmares
- The Alderking (Ellerking = Wotan) led the alder women, elves or Valkyries.
the alder also translated by Eller and Else:
- Old High German Erla, Elira, Eller = Erle / Eller / Else
- Middle Low German Else
- Old Norse Elre
- english alder
- Anglo-Saxon alor
- Latin alnus (growing in damp places)
- Indo-European al (swamp watering place)
Tealight holder with burned runes
- Made from alder wood sanded on both sides.
- Size diameter approx .: 8-12 cm
- Thickness of the wooden board approx. 10 mm
- Weight: approx. 80 - 130 g
Scope of delivery: A log disc with burned runes, a tealight glass and a tealight.
Price per tea holder.
Each tealight holder is unique.
Sold without the decoration shown here.