Dough form / cookie cutter Raven "Wotan's Raven" (Hugin and Munin), made of stainless steelOrder number: 61.852
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 8-10 workdays
"Rabe" cookie cutter, made of stainless steel for the production of symbol cookies
Hugin and Munin are Odin's ravens.
Odin is also known as the Hrafnáss (Raven God).
His two ravens:
- Hugin (Icelandic: Huginn) belongs to the Old Norse verb huga and means translated: think / the thought. Hugin thinks about everything he sees and draws his closing sentences from it.
- Munin (Icelandic: Muninn) belongs to the Old Norse verb muna and means translated: to remember / the memory. Munin remembers everything he saw.
Together you fly through the worlds and in the evening they return to Odin and tell him what they saw and heard.
In Nordic mythology, they are considered to be mystical and magical beings who, among other things, can tell lies and truth.
The beautifully baked pastries should make us think, remember Odin's ravens Hugin the thought and Munin the memory!
The raven - Wotan's deathbird, soul and path companion to the "otherworld" - made of stainless steel for baking symbolic biscuits.
- Ravens were often seen as “bringer of calamity”, among other things. because of their desire to eat carrion. They often gathered en masse in places where battles took place to feed themselves on the bodies of the fallen.
- The ravens are said to be close to death, and the bodies remained at execution sites until they were picked to the bone by the raven birds.
- The raven as a bird of the dead is assigned to the war god and raven god Wotan.
The magpie also belongs to the group of raven birds. In Nordic mythology she is a messenger of gods, but also a companion bird to the goddess of death Hel.
The Celtic goddess of war and goddess of death Morrigan carried the souls of fallen warriors in raven form to Walhalla.
The origin of the earth is described in the gods song “Vafþrúðnismál”.
Ginntagap is described as the empty space at the beginning of world events. In prehistoric times, before creation, Gnungagap lay between the glowing Muspellsheim in the south and the icy Niflheim in the north.
Before the world was created, there was nothing but the Ginntagap, in which the first being called “Ymir” lived - the world was formed from the individual parts of Ymir's body. The earth was made from his flesh, the sky from the skull, the mountains from the bones, and the sea from the blood. We therefore do not consider the skull / skull as something creepy, because like everything else it is part of creation.
The raven is considered to be a link to gliding over into the "world of the dead" - its intelligence, magical powers and clairvoyant abilities make it a dead bird, soul and companion in the "other world" par excellence.
Dead god Odin is also known as the Hrafnáss (Raven God).
In popular belief, the raven bird became the eerie and unfortunate dead bird. This bad reputation arose particularly from religious influences and demonization during the Middle Ages.
Bake symbolic cookies with the "Rabe" cookie cutter (thought and memory)!
- Stainless steel cookie cutter
- dishwasher safe
- Width about 1,97 inch (5 cm)
- Height about 2,56 inch (6.5 cm)
Delivery without the raven shown in the background, without the biscuit!
Price per dough form, without the decoration shown here!